Turkey tail mushroom, also known as Trametes versicolor, is an edible mushroom often found growing on a wide variety of hardwood trees. It has been used for thousands of years in Asian and Eastern medicine. It has been historically used to promote general health, stamina, immune system strength, and longevity. Turkey tail gets its name from the brown and tan rings that look like the tail feathers of a turkey. This beautiful mushroom is packed with powerful flavonoids, antioxidants and phenols. Turkey Tail’s mechanism of action involves both the innate and adaptive immune responses.
Some of the amazing benefits of turkey tail include:
- Modulate immune function
- Reduce inflammation
- Contains prebiotics supporting a healthy microbiome
- Supports normal bowel movements
- Antioxidant properties
- Potential antitumor mechanisms
- Promote healthy cholesterol balance
- Liver protection
- Promotes proper blood sugar metabolism
- Anti-viral and anti-microbial properties
*No turkeys were harmed in the making of this product.