Cordyceps is a medicinal mushroom long used in traditional Chinese and Tibetan medicine. Hundreds of Cordyceps species can be found all over the world, but most commonly in Asia and abundantly in humid temperate and tropical forests.
Cordyceps contains polysaccharides, sterols, peptides, fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and nucleotides, and have been found to support the heart, lungs, kidneys, adrenals, and immune system. They are commonly used to increase energy, endurance, and sexual vitality. Cordyceps has antioxidant and free radical-scavenging properties that may increase longevity.
Some healthy benefits of the many species of Cordyceps include:
- Antioxidant properties
- Contributes to overall wellness, stamina and physical energy levels
- Supports healthy cell growth
- Adaptogenic properties for endocrine health
- Enhance liver and kidney function
- Support normal healthy male fertility
- Potential immunomodulatory-related antitumor properties
- May aid in blood sugar balance